Valentines Day is fast approaching and we know finding a thoughtful gift for your partner can sometimes be a pain. Whether it is for your husband or wife of 20 years or for your latest boyfriend or girlfriend (sometimes it takes a few goes to find the right one!), here are 7 gift ideas to get you started that will be sure to earn you some brownie points this Valentine’s Day:
- Flower Bouquet: this is a classic Valentine's Day gift that is always appreciated. Choose your partner's favourite flowers or opt for a traditional bouquet of red roses if you’re not sure. For that extra special touch, add a handwritten note with a small gift, such as chocolates or a scented candle to the bouquet. Check out Bloom & Wild for all your flower needs.
- Chocolate & Fudge Hamper: we’re a tad bit biased here but our Chocolate & Fudge hamper basket always goes down a treat and is guaranteed to put a smile on your Valentine’s face. Chocolates are a staple of Valentine's Day and when you throw in some indulgent, creamy fudge encompassed in a premium wicker hamper basket, then you’ll be sure to delight the love of your life!
- Spa Day or Massage: everyone loves a pamper session, so this is a guaranteed winner for Valentine’s Day. Treat that special someone to a spa day or massage and they’ll be sure to come out feeling relaxed and indulged! If its within your budget, go for a couples massage as sharing a pamper day and spending some relaxing time together always gets a thumbs up from us.
- Personalised gift: Personalised gifts always come across more thoughtful and there are many options to choose from for Valentine's Day. You can personalise some jewellery, get a photo frame of your favourite picture with a message engraved or buy a teddy bear with a picture of your face on it (ha!) – the options are endless. Try Not On The High Street or Etsy for an array of personalised gift options.
- A Gourmet Meal: If your partner loves to cook or appreciates good food then a gourmet meal could be the perfect Valentine's Day gift. If it’s within your budget you can make a reservation at a high-end restaurant of your partners favourite cuisine, but if that’s not possible, then you can prepare a special meal yourself at home. He or she will certainly appreciate the effort even if you have sprinkled a bit too much salt!
- Weekend Getaway: if you’re looking for something a bit more adventurous and exciting, then why not consider a romantic weekend away for the two of you. Paris is the romantic capital of the world but Barcelona and Lisbon are also incredible cities to visit in Europe. If you’re looking to stay in the UK then the vibrant capital London is always a safe bet with its West End shows and array of top hotels and restaurants. Edinburgh and the Lake District are also high on our list of recommendations.
- Experiences: Experiential gifts such as a sushi making class, wine tasting at a vineyard or jumping in a hot air balloon at the break of dawn are sure to be a memorable way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Have a think about what your partner would love to do but hasn’t yet – are they a thrill seeker? Do they love creating things? Are they a massive football fan but never been to a stadium for a tour? There is an option for everybody so check out Red Letter Days or Virgin Experiences for more ideas.
Hopefully that has given you some food for thought this Valentine’s Day. To see what we have for offer on Cupid's favourite day then take a look at our 'I Love You' collection where you will find an array of chocolate and sweet hamper gifts for that special person. Good luck and we hope it’s a day to remember for both of you!